Friday, April 16, 2010

Time with Sacia and Fabio

One of the reasons I came to Capim Grosso Brazil is to see Sacia and Fabio. We all lived so close for a while at the Chateau I’ve missed them. Then when we all got the news of their adoption of twin baby boys recently it gave me extra reasons want to visit. I’m a new tia (auntie!) So I’d been here for a while and have been so busy that I didn’t have much time to go and hang out with them until this week.

Even though I wasn’t feeling well on the day I stayed home from the lucuri festival I took a deep breath and ventured out of our compound on my own, pointed myself in the direction of their house and started to walk. I was very proud of myself when I realized I was remembering the way. I was around half a block from their house when Fabio and his driver pulled up next to me. It turned out that Sacia and Fabio had gone to the compound to surprise me after reading that I was sick on this blog. We got to hang out a while and I got to play with the babies Gabriel and Zeca. These boys are wonderful. Even though they are nearly identical they already are developing distinct differences. Zeca seems more laid back. He’s usually napping when I see him. Gabriel is the one who is usually first at everything. They both are charming and love to be engaged with silly faces. Holding either of them is like hugging love – wigglely love.

This is a picture of Zeca and me!

It’s great watching Sacia and Fabio with them. They are such great parents. I’m impressed especially since parenthood happened so fast. It’s also great watching the extended family and community interact with the babies. It seems twins aren’t so common so Sacia gets stopped often when they are out in about with the “twin” new stroller. They are little celebrities.
More pictures at: http://picasaweb.google.com/saciastiles/April2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCIOvmrWliqbZYg#

No comments: