Sunday, November 16, 2008

Introducing Raheemah

Okay I guess I'll be the first to actually take the plunge and write something. I'm the smiling female Obama shirt wearer. I've lived at the Chateau with my husband Kele for three months now. It's lovely. I think my housemates and I have a lot of adventures ahead. Everyone is awesome.

I'm really glad that Obama won if you hadn't figured that out. Like a lot of people have been saying, it feels like I've won something. I really believe that this wasn't about him. It wasn't you know. It was about millions of people individually making a choice that was different than before. I'm not just talking about racial differences. Obama constantly said during his campaign that he expects us to be engaged in the process and hold him accountable. We chose to do that. He developed an amazing network that makes it easier for us to do that. He hasn't told us to go shopping and just trust him and his folks to take care of it... It's about us. We will hold them accountable. I have no illusions that he isn't a politician and a human being. We have to hold him accountable.

I've wondered in the past, what could do it, what could help us start to get past some of the old wounds that we all have. Over the last year in the USA I've seen the most miraculous conversations. The elephants in the room had their big ears burn'in as they were talked about over and over again. We did it! We started process. We have been preparing for hundreds of years to become a peaceful people and I believe the process is started! We still have a long way to go but if we keep choosing to keep our power and reject fear we'll be fine.

The world cheered and celebrated not only because Bush is gone but also because deep down they want us to be okay. They want us to be fair so they can be okay and prosper too.

Right now, I'm in love with the world and pray for food, shelter, comfort and peace for everyone.

I'll have more to say as time goes on I guess. This posting is just about getting my feet wet.

Maybe in the next posting I won't be such a "happyhappyjoyjoy." Forgive me if it's just too corny. I'm just another ear in the cornfield right now.

Peace

No comments: